Skip to main content

Welcome Home


These two Critters...
Well, it's certainly been a while. Since about 2013-2014 My life was a dark confusing mess. Since 2015 it has been a whirlwind, to say the least. I find myself just trying to stay afloat. One life change after another, one new curveball, one additional challenge. In the end, though, I wouldn't change it for anything. We have each learned a lot about ourselves. How we handle pressure, fear anxiety and the unknown. We have continued to see God's faithful hands never let us go without. We have learned a lot about our strengths and weaknesses and how to come together as a team. After all, that is what family is at the core of it. A team. Learning about ourselves, and the others on your team is the key to success. Put the right players in the right spot and victory and success will come naturally. We have failed epically many times and we have won many victories. I felt it was time to start documenting again and to welcome in this next chapter.

Paisley: Age 13,  you will never find her without a book in hand or her newest favorite medium to draw with, still dances at all times to all music (really well too).
She is a light. She is an artist of all mediums. She is exciting to watch as she is so fiercely independent. She has always marched (danced) to her own beat. 7th grade, however, has brought some very dark struggles for this critter and for a while there she was beginning to lose that internal beat. But she is growing leaps and bounds, learning the value of healthy relationships and self-compassion. She is so dang smart it can be scary. Paisley is becoming quite the young woman and has very naturally taken to babysitting. It has been a blessing to watch her maturity and compassion for others put to such great use. She is also a free spirit like her Momma. I am going to start giving her space to be a publisher on this blog moving forward, I can't wait to see what she produces.

Kaiser: Age 10, obsessed with soccer and still wants to be nothing but a professional soccer player when he grows up.
This young man is determined. He will set his eye on a prize then immediately asks "what do I have to do to get there" and then he does. He is a perfectionist like his Momma which can weird to watch in a 10yr old boy. He is learning a lot of new things around the house and in the yard these days. He follows Cody around watching and learning and taking it all in, it reminds me of my brother when he was little, this might quite possibly be my favorite traits of his. He is growing out of his fear of failure, which has been fun to observe. When Kaiser is around he is sure to make you laugh and ask you "how can I help". With Cody in the house, Kaiser is also learning to smack talk and grow into a young man. It has allowed me to be MOM, and not MOM/DAD, both critters are responding very well to this change. Shcool still comes pretty easy to him, especially math. The numbers that boy can do in his head makes MY head spin.

Traci Leann: Age 35, you can find me scouring for the next new adventure outdoors rain or shine, still slowly but surely moving towards my dream of owning my own business and working for myself by creating for others.
I was working for an excavating company located in Mcminnville for a year and a half when the owners informed me that they had a new job for me. I recently replaced 4 people and took on all their responsibilities. It has been its own adventure. I am not happy with my new change, but I am making a lot of people really happy with my efficiency and knowledge and all that I have taken off their shoulders/workload. So, I guess it's nice to be needed... I still see this job as temporary and as a means to an end. It provides for my family and at the end of the day that is my first priority. When I can, I try to switch into my creative brain and chip away at creating my own business. In the meantime, I am working on my own self-growth. There is a lot here to unravel some days are better than others. I have found a partner best friend and man (that I met through work), his name is Cody and we have been dating since late November of 2019. He has woken me up in so many ways. I love him for it but it can really suck too. Learning to let someone in is very terrifying and new for me. It has been worth it and I am thankful for his stubbornness to continue to pursue me, even when I start to push away out of fear and immaturity. He makes me laugh and he certainly has helped me to stop taking myself and life so seriously. We have been on many adventures already in our almost 6 months and I am so grateful to him for those opportunities he has provided and afforded us. Just what I needed just when I needed it.

Cheers and happy reading!

* This blog is the next chapter in our lives. After going back through the first blog: http://kingdommindedfam.blogspot.com/ it was extremely painful and uncomfortable reading some of the things that I felt compelled to write during that period of my life.  I was so broken lost and dying inside when I was writing. When I read through some of them I can still feel the pain and heartache like it was yesterday. However, that season is very much a thing of the past. A stepping stone to where we are now. Let it be a special place for P & K to look back and get a better understanding of where they came from.

With Love, 
Traci Leann

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sisters Rodeo Weekend

Sisters Rodeo weekend... a first for us, but it was so incredible it will be a new tradition. We all loved it in our own way for different reasons, that is kind of where we are at in life right now. With P and K being different ages and venturing off into their own worlds of likes and dislikes,  it was incredible to watch them each take in different things throughout the weekend. The biggest blessing of being parent is observing life through your children's eyes. There is nothing better.

Missing These Days

-The "good ol' days" of soccer. Even when it was pouring, literally freezing or 100 plus degrees out, soccer is part of us... I miss all of it. -Kaiser has been so blessed by his soccer team and coach, "The Salem Timbers" and it has been hard to not see them. We are working on finding ways to stay on his skills. - The days of adventuring to museums and new exhibits is certainly something we can't wait to get back to asap. -Derek. He is our neighbor, friend and like an adopted son. We sure miss his sarcasm, his laughter his jokes and the wonderful impact he makes on our family. He is just around the corner... but dang we miss that Dude. -Exploring new spots learning new skills together as a family. What more could you ask for!!! -Laughter and lessons. Introducing the kids to new skills, laughing along the way and creating memories is where it's at. -Shed hunting... need I say more? The Days of Quarantine:  Life has
5th grade graduation.... is this for REAL?!?!?!??! Derek is the cutie in these photos, he comes from the most amazing family and we are blessed to be "old friends" and "new neighbors" Derek is basically family, he looks out for my kids and is a bad ass strong young man. He always has my vote. Cheers to graduating 5th grade...  and looking good doing it!